Friday, May 11, 2012




My Mother
=========
(On' Mother's Day' 13TH MAY 2012)
Mother means ever flowing  fountain of love, affection, and security. You have licence to say anything to her without thinking about consequences. This is because she gives more and more love against mibehaviour of chieldern and protect  them against all their weaknesses.  But she  will tactfully take them to task privately. One may stop giving  love to mother but one thing is sure that her river of  love never ends.  Father has to be stiff some time due to family responsibilities but mother will give a long rope to children out of tremendous love. It is seen some time that father is given all credit for success of children but mother has to take blame for their faults. That is because of man dominated society.
                                       I can quote many incidents from the life of my mother which has inspired me lot in my life. She use to hates cowards who are afraid of facing the all odds in life. Once my dad was very ill and one of our relatives  wanted to all call my brother and sisters from USA. He was trying to tell them to come soon very tactfully in her presence. However she bravely told him to inform them that he is very serious without hasitation.  This shows that she was ready to face the death her husband very bravely.    She use to travel alone by night train to karachi  along with all her young childern. Once she was  travelling accordingly by night train from Ahmedabad to Karachi as my father then was working on Sukkur Barrage, Hyderabad Sindh. One man was hiding below the seat which no body knew.  All  were at fast asleep when he started removing  valuable luggages. However mother was not sleeping in anxiety during night journey. She heard the movement under one of the seats. She got up and managed to pull out  that fellow from below the seats and started beating him. She was furious and  all got up hearing the noise.  He was ultimately handed over to police on the next station. However our brother sisters were very much scared because of nighttime and unknown place. She told them do not be scared as  she hates people who are coward.  It was a very practical  lesson.
                                        However I missed her love in very young age because she left me with my Nani’s care when  was hardly 11/2 year old. She was compelled to do it as  my fathers posting was than  in Sindh.  She went on moving with him for several years and use to visit me occasionally. Ultimately she came to take me with her when my father was posted at Mumbai. I was of the age of nine year by  then. I experienced her flow of love first time as she began to see me with tears in her eyes. She softly move her hands all over me and said my son sorry you are very much pulled down.  However do not worry nowonwards will be with you..  I told her that my Nani was very loving and she has never allowed me to feel her absence. But later on realized that was mother's love which nobody can replaced.
                                        She gave us best of the life but never spent much on her self.  However she  was very strict regarding education, discipline and integrity. We use to get very good punishment for hiding anything from her because she hated anybody telling lies.
                                        She was coming from middle class family but with high culture, and character. she enriched our life with the same.  she was not much educated but she adjusted with the high standard of life with my father. She use to be very social with wives of high dignitaries including the wives of politicians in Mumbai then. Besides that she was never afraid of talking to any highly placed man for helping needy one. I always wondered how she managed it with less education. We learn from her life that for doing good to others no  special qualification is required. The dedication is the most important matters in such task. She was always ready to help people in need in any circumstances.  Her dedication for her family and needy was tremendous.  It also inspired us how to dedicate ourselves selflessly.
                                     She was suffering from heavy diabetes and cardiac problems but  survived for more than two decades with her will power. She was once very serious in the hospital due to heart attack and we were very much panicky.  She then told confidently that  '‘Do not worry. I am coming back home'. It reflected her tremendous will power to survive. I   learnt from that incident  that one can survive and die on will power only. She called our family priest after the death of my dad and told him in advance how to carry out her last right. I was very much surprised to note her determination to survive and to conquer her death. She told me thereafter once that she will not survive for long time.  I also noted that she was slowly and peacefully sinking without responding to medical treatments. I could see that she concluded her life peacefully.  That is how she lived her life according to her will and ended it as per her will.

                                       Nobody can fill the vacuum created by the death of mother but her love, sacrifice and virtues in life are always with us  to make us better person in this world.
                                                  ---------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment